This unit covers the skills and knowledge required for service staff to respond to challenging service situations with the use of appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication techniques. It involves recognising triggers which may lead to service challenges, use of service recovery procedures to respond to the challenges and escalating unresolved service challenges. The RSC course at Studyworks is a 16-hour course that is conducted over two full days. Two tea breaks will be provided for all participants. Individuals may be eligible for up to 95% subsidy on the course fee.
Please click on the Course Calendar to find out the next available course.
Alternatively, you may wish to email us at WSQ-Enquiry@studyworks.com.sg to find out more.
Learn skills and gain knowledge to respond to challenging service situations using appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication techniques. Learn to recognise triggers which may lead to service challenges. Use service recovery procedures to respond to the challenges and escalating unresolved service challenges.
Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful”.
Joshua J. Marine, Author
- Customer complaints on products or services
- Negative feedback from customers on service delivery
Importance of Responding to Service Challenges
- Generate loyalty, goodwill, and word-of-mouth
- Increase the number of satisfied customers
- Maintain or salvage organisation’s reputation
Some Principles of Effective Communication
- Paying attention to non-verbal communication cues
- Speaking clearly and concisely
- Listening carefully and asking questions to clarify