Safe Testing at Studyworks
Studyworks Covid-19 Prevention Measures and Social/Safe Distancing Implementation –
Effective from 31st March 2020 till further notice Last Revision 20th May 2020
As per the Singapore government’s new directives to curb the spread of Covid-19, Studyworks will be implementing enhanced social distancing measures in order to protect the health and safety of all staff and customers entering our premises.
Enhanced Safety Measures:
1. Front glass door will be locked at all times and candidates must press the intercom to enter. There will be a separate entry and exit doors to minimize contact between candidates.
2. All candidates must wear a mask before entering and should not remove or lower their masks at any time during their presence on company premises.
3. Before entering the premises, all candidates shall be asked to scan the Safe Entry QR code posted at the entrance of the premises. Upon entering, all visitors will be asked to immediately sanitize their hands and to show proof of TraceTogether App running on their mobile phones.
4. All Candidates will have their temperatures checked when they arrive and will be subject to another check if their exams are longer than 4 hours. Any one who displays symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or having a fever of 37.5 and above will be turned away. Candidates will also be required to declare their health to staff members.
5. Candidates will be informed that if they are untruthful in their health declaration, they are liable to be prosecuted under the Infectious Diseases Act.
6. Candidates will sit according to designated seating. Safe distancing will be implemented with clear signs telling candidates where to sit.
7. Candidates will need to keep at least one meter apart from each other at all times. Floors will be clearly marked on where they can stand.
8. Candidates will need to be assigned alternate seating such as Workstations 1,3,5 etc
9. Each station will need to be cleaned and disinfected by staff after every test is completed.
10. The total capacity of the test center shall be 50% or less at all times.
11. Staff will be rotated into Teams A and B to ensure they get sufficient rest between work days.
12. Staff must wear surgical or face masks at all times, check their temperature twice daily, and ensure they have gloves on when cleaning and sanitizing.
13. No academic tests (ISEE, Johns Hopkins tests, TOEFL). The Ministry of Education has closed all private schools, enrichment and tuition centers due to their concern about the spread of Covid-19 among school children and cross-contamination between children going to different schools. As such, all tests and lessons involving students below the age of 21 will be suspended.
14. Candidates who have high-stakes tests and testing windows or deadlines will be given priority.
15. Non-essential tests will need to be postponed.
16. The start time for all exams shall be pushed back to 9am in order to allow time for travelling in support of the Singapore Government’s efforts not to overcrowd the public transport system.
17. Studyworks takes the health and safety of all staff and candidates seriously. We apologize ahead for the inconvenience caused, but believe that with proper and effective implementation of social distancing measure and with the full cooperation of candidates, we can ensure that that candidates are able to test safely.
18. We undertake to turn away any candidate who is not cooperative and who appears unwell or whom we may assess to be a risk to other candidates and staff. Candidates who do not wish to follow our measures are welcomed to reschedule their tests till after the Covid-19 pandemic disappears around the world as we have to abide by the Singapore Government’s directives as well as Prometric Inc’s safe distancing policies.